Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ole!

Today I went to the Long Beach Antique Market for the first time. Held once a month, its such a massive flea market, you're guaranteed to find something you can't live without. Flea markets are one of my favorite places to shop, for so many reasons. I grew up going antiquing with my mom, I collect vintage pottery and I adore vintage clothes. Vintage furniture if often times more inexpensive as well, and the quality doesnt even compare to things made today.
I've always felt I was born at the wrong time, and I prefer things that are unique, one of a kind, and frankly, OLD.

And the best part of flea markets is the hunt! You never know what you'll find.
Purchases today included:

Antlers!

This custom made gaucho hat. I LOVE hats and they're always on my list. I usually ask what the story is behind an item (half the fun of buying vintage), but I think I was just on too much of a shoppers high the second I zeroed in on this one:



Fun fun fun! What you can't see from these crummy photos (my camera charger should be here any day, thank goodness), is that the hat is actually a dark greenish-blue, and made of silk velvet. 

It reminded me a lot of this Chanel campaign from last year. Gaucho hats also had a presence on the spring runways.


Diane Von Furstenberg

Hermes

And my favorite gaucho hat wearer, Zorro!






I also picked up this swell danish modern duck wall hanging set:


Ive been feeling more and more of an affinity for danish modern lately. It may be what my furnishings evolve towards. Piece by piece!

The ducks are very similar to ones that where hanging in Duck Phillips office on Mad Men. How could I resist?




No comments:

Post a Comment