Monday, March 14, 2011

The Announcement Is:

I have bought a salon!
I know....what. the. hell.
I'm doing it with my boyfriend, Steven. I got to a point where I needed to make my money make money, and he's always wanted to own a salon. A few things brought us to this point including a psychic, the perfect locale, and the fact that the morning after we decided we were going to pass on it a range rover drove through Steven's current salon destroying only his station. Everything led to a giant neon flashing sign from the universe. We're looking to be open by the end of May, early June.
Contracts were signed today, along with a nausea inducing check exchange, and I get the keys next week. There's remodeling that needs to be done, and we're doing it all on a budget. Its essentially scary as hell.
But fun!
But a headache!
One headache is almost gone (the woman we bought it from), and the others are about to start.
Next month will be pretty dead, as we'll be waiting for furniture we ordered to arrive, and I'll be selling the current contents on Craigslist. I'm a craigslist junkie, so I'm rather looking forward to this task.
We're right in the heart of the Naples area of Long Beach, right on 2nd street before Belmont Shore.
My next goal is to try and convince someone to put in a cement floor, and rip out some seriously heinous tile. For free or close to it.
Some days I feel like we're going to kill it, some days I feel absolute dread. Whichever way it goes, its going to be a definite journey.
This is very much holy shit real life stuff.

Salon Chair Preview!:

This chair, but in black, which wasn't my first choice, but I'm learning about the salon business every day, such as; hair color stains the hell out of light wood. So black chairs it is! I still think they're gorgeous.
There will be lots of ranting and raving on the salon for months (years?) to come I'm sure.

I feel like I'm living in a dream, all of this is still happening so fast, Id be lying if I said I wasn't somehow disconnected.
I feel failure at not being able to verbalize my thoughts.
I can't really describe how I'm feeling except that today felt like the first day of the rest of my life.

Life: It'll get ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment