Thursday, May 19, 2011

Missoni For Target (and, uh sales reps)!



So a few weeks ago it was announced that Missoni is doing a line for target! When I first heard the news I couldn't believe it. And then I heard it was 400 pieces. And THEN I head the line went up to $599. And my mind wandered down a road of possibilities. What, oh what could it be! Well now, thanks to a preview attended by certain fashion editors (racked.com has the full lowdown), we now know that this item is a patio set. And also that there are BIKES!!
Its well known that I haven't been on a bike since I was around 13, and its the source of constant discussion now that I live at the beach. I may just have to "get back on the horse" so to speak, for this one.
Off topic:
I was having a discussion today at the salon about my bike riding skills with a sales rep, who not ten minutes later sent me photos of bikes for sale in the area she thought Id be cute on.
What I didn't know until I owned a salon was that there is an entire army of sales reps for every hair care line on the market, who go from salon to salon, trying to get you to carry their product. They are either dressed like rockstars or real estate agents, and they are all weird as shit. But I tend to feel that anyone trying to sell me something is weird as shit. They drop off product, whip out ipads, and dazzle you with promises. The one that stopped by today had come the week prior, and while nice as can be (she looks like one of barbies brunette friends), I lost an hour of my life to her today, mostly discussing her first marriage and looking at photos of her dogs.

I could go on, but I wont.
Just know, they're out there.
*shudder*

But back to Missoni!
I was reading an article on bath towels today (really), and someone mentioned Missoni bath towels, upon clicking the link I found myself loving the cheerfulness, and hating the plain brown ones hanging in my bathroom. I didn't buy the big towels, but I thought for $24 some hand towels wouldn't hurt too bad. Most times just a taste is all I need :)

No comments:

Post a Comment