Monday, March 21, 2011

The Last Of The Lazy Sundays/ Mondays




Its been raining the past two days here. We get a day off tomorrow, and then its going to rain three more.
I'm dedicating my day to my bed. Its been a while,  and it feel important.
Keys to the salon are coming on Friday, and I don't know how many more weekends I'm going to have like this (Steven always has Sundays and Mondays off, so Monday is often part of the weekend for me). My salon will be open 7 days a week, and in the beginning, I'll likely be there a lot of those days.
I was once at a baby shower where existing mothers where giving the new mother words of advice. The one that stuck with me was this: "spend one day in bed with your spouse." Just stay in bed, make like john and Yoko, and hang out. Because once the baby comes, you may never get to do it again.
I feel like this salon is the baby, and its rounding the nine month mark. The hospitals in place, the bag is packed by the door, and all you can do is sit and wait.
And it might as well be in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment