Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day One.

Steven just did his first haircut today in the new salon. 
Right now we're just trying to keep the wheels from coming off. What we're doing, opening the salon two months ahead of schedule, when we have none of our furniture, nothing cosmetic done, and no other stylists, is shear madness, but we don't have a choice.
The goal is to paint this weekend, along with other things, and hopefully the salon will look a lot different by this time next week.


I was out and about today for the first time since being engaged, and people were asking millions of questions and trying to give me the phone numbers of caterers. Really.
There is just so much going on, and when people ask me when I'm getting married all I can respond is "in a couple years". It makes married and engaged women look nervous and uncomfortable. 99% of people I come into contact with don't understand the intricacies and stress of opening a business, but especially today, it was almost impossible to talk about. I've just been pounding the pavement since I woke up. 
Next up, off to the bank to try to set up a credit card machine A.S.A.P!

No comments:

Post a Comment